On Thursday, January 10th while underclassmen are exploring course selection for the 2019-2020 school year, seniors will have the opportunity to attend a variety of seminars targeted towards them. The Waubonsie Valley school counselors and social workers will be leading five seminars focused on finishing senior year and preparing for their post secondary education. Seniors can attend these sessions during their lunch period, study hall, or during periods when their class is participating in Exchange Day. Teachers will inform student if their class/period is participating in Exchange Day or conducting regularly scheduled class.
The five senior seminars are as follows:
- Finding and Applying for Scholarships
- Finishing Senior Year & Important Dates for the Class of 2019
- All Things College Apps: Finishing applications, mid-year reports, wait lists, College of DuPage
- FAFSA & Financial Aid: It’s Not Too Late To File
- Surviving Your First Year of College