Here’s your chance to show off your creativity in a digital way in the 2017 Waubonsie Valley WeVideo Contest, sponsored by the Library Media Center.
Students can create videos in one of several categories.
- Warrior Hype Video
- A video that conveys/demonstrates/promotes the “Warrior Way”
- A video about your favorite staff member and why they are the greatest
- A video about why “Your Digital Footprint Matters” (Submissions to this contest will also be sent to the KidsMatter contest where the winner receives $200)
- “In Another’s Shoes” (Submissions will be forwarded to Google Educators Group and winners will be premiered at Google Chicago Headquarters)
- Highlight or create a commercial/advertisement for an Activity/Club
Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 17 and can be submitted here. Films must be edited using ONLY WeVideo. Other rules include:
- length should be at least 30 seconds and no longer than 3 minutes
- videos should be uploaded to your Google Drive
- videos must be created on or after October 20, 2017
- videos may only use authorized content (i.e. music, images, film clips, and other intellectual property).
- videos may only contain images or likenesses of any individuals who have provided their authorization. Videos being submitted to the Google Educators Group contest must also fill out and submit a Media Release for any student appearing in the video. Media Releases must be turned in to the LMC on or before November 17, 2017.
- videos must be appropriate for viewing by the general public (think a rating of G – this film would be appropriate for all audiences)
Two winners will be selected from each category and will be announced and premiered on Wednesday, December 6 at 7:00 p.m. in the WV Auditorium. For more information and rules, click here or e-mail Chris Skrzypchak.