It’s time to think about going back to school for 2019-2020. Waubonsie Valley High School is helping students prepare for their return with Readiness Days, August 6-8.
On Tuesday, August 6, students who are new to Indian Prairie School District 204 can attend between 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Students of bands, athletics, LINK and student council may also attend during this time.
Also on this day, freshmen orientation runs from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and there is an informational meeting for freshmen parents at 7:00 p.m. in the WV Auditorium.
On Wednesday, August 7, students with last names beginning with A – E can attend from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Also on this day, students with last names beginning with F – L can attend from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
On Thursday, August 8, students with last names beginning with M – R can attend from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Also on this day, students with last names beginning with S – Z can attend from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
On their assigned Readiness Day, students can:
• Enter Door 33 by the Auditorium to pick up their individualized student punch card. This card will list the mandatory tables that students must visit.
• Pay fees. Pushcoin is the preferred payment of fees (www.pushcoin.com). However, there will be a station where students can submit payment by cash or check only.
• Have yearbook & ID pictures taken. HR Imaging will be taking ID pictures. This will be the student’s school yearbook and ID picture, so please plan accordingly. Order envelopes, received through the mail from HR Imaging, should be turned in to the photographer, if pictures are being ordered.
• Obtain their student handbooks.
• Receive their Chromebooks (to incoming freshmen only).
A reminder to students that physicals are only required for students entering 9th grade. A current physical must be turned in by the first day of school. If the student is in sports at any grade level, a current physical must be on file in the nurse’s office prior to any tryouts or practices.
Also, meningitis immunization is only required for students entering 12th grade, which must be turned in by the first day of school.
For more information, visit wvhs.ipsd.org.