During 2nd period on Tuesday, October 2nd, students will take the Equal Opportunity Schools Survey. Odd numbered class rooms will take the survey at the start of the period. Even numbered rooms will take the survey at the end of the period.
Click the link below to access the EOS survey.
More information about today’s survey.
The student survey captures the dynamics in terms of the AP/IB program at your school. The findings will guide what changes need to be made to create and/or sustain access and success in AP/IB coursework. Survey responses are also used in various EOS tools and reports to give voice to the individual student through the outreach and recruitment processes.
Sample Questions & Survey Themes
- Current self: What are your favorite subject areas? How challenging are your classes?
- Future self: What is your highest educational goal? Do your parents expect you to graduate from college? What are your future work/career interests?
- Growth Mindset, Grit: Does your intelligence grow or stay the same? Are you discouraged by challenges?
- Academic Identity: Describe yourself next year – using my time wisely, coping well with distractions, working hard to achieve my goals.
- Community Leadership: How often do you take care of siblings, cousins or elderly family members, translating for family, friends or other adults?
- AP/IB Track Record: Currently enrolled in AP/IB, previously taken AP/IB, planning to take AP/IB.
- Information gaps: Do you know what AP/IB classes are? Has your school provided enough information about the AP/IB program? Do AP/IB classes boost students’ chances of getting into college?
- Expectation gaps: How frequently have the following people encouraged you to take an AP/IB class? A school staff member/a parent or guardian. Are students like you welcome in the AP/IB program?
- Sense of belonging: Do you feel like a part of a community in class? Are you comfortable asking for help from teachers when needed? Do students in your classes believe you can succeed in the class?
- Outreach: Please name the adult at your school who you would most trust to give you good advice. Please select the reasons why you would choose not to take AP/IB.
- AP/IB Supports: Please select the top items that would make you more likely to take an AP/IB class. Please select the AP/IB supports you have used. How likely are you to recommend this support to a peer?